Saturday, January 29, 2011

DONE!!!

I am done with this cleanse, thank God! There are some definite positives from this experience and some negatives.
First the positives,
1) It showed me that my diet was not as clean as I thought it was and now I can change it for the better.
2) My appetite has shrunk which is good since I was eating too often.
3) It broke two BAD habits, wine and snacks every night.  The best thing you can do for your body to help it keep clean is to not eat or drink anything but water after dinner. It needs 8 hours to digest you last meal and another 4 for your liver to remove whatever toxins were in the food you ate.
4) I learned  it's ok to be hungry sometimes and how to deal with it
5) I lost 13 pounds, 3 inches around my waist, and I have 6 pack abs even though I haven't done a sit up in years.
6) My hair and skin look great

Now for the negetives,
1)  I am not sure this did anything to improve my food allergy situation which is the whole reason I started this cleanse. During the cleanse I more often than not I had allergy symptoms like I had eaten the foods I am allergic too.  It might have given me new allergies and I don't know if any of the old ones got better.
2) The first week is SOOO hard
3)  It is very limiting
4) The soups SUCK
5) You feel awful, like you have the flu, quite a bit
6) It is 28 days of hell as far as I'm concerned

I guess the positives out way the negatives but I am really thankful this is over.  I am going to eat Clean 5 days a week from now on and do a 14 day cleanse every 6 months to make sure my old habits don't return and hopefully with the help of my Natural Path Dr. I will overcome some of these food allergies.
NOW WHERE ARE THE NACHOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment