Sunday, January 16, 2011

half way through

Ok, so Today marks the half-way mark on my cleanse.  I have done the cleanse for two weeks and had two slip-ups.  Both occurred this past week which by the way was a very stressful week;  two feet of snow, extended house guests, Olivia home from school, and my schedule all out of wack.  Breakfast and lunch are no problem but the soup for dinner is a problem because cold veggie soup is awful. After my pizza slip-up on Thursday I  decided I will to  fix the soups so I can continue. Friday I made Carrot Ginger soup and instead of 4 cups of room temperature water I used 4 cups of Organic no sodium chicken broth.  I also boiled the chicken broth then put it in the blender  with the vegetables so the soup was at least warm when I ate it.   I will do that from now on and even heat it a little more after it's blended.  Better a loss of nutrients than not working the cleanse.  Anyway, my natural path doctor has me on a ton of vitamins right now.
Even with these slip-ups I feel great. The cleanse has done several things for me; I have dropped 7 pounds (5 of which I added during the holidays) and I am MUCH slimmer because I am eating very little sodium, my skin is starting to look brighter and younger, my hair is starting to feel softer, I have learned to like fish, (other than shellfish which I already liked), my appetite has decreased so I am now eating correct portions, and the best part is I have learned a clean way to eat and I no longer have cravings for sugar, cheese, and processed foods. 
One note, I originally started this cleanse to try and rid my body of things that cause my allergies to flair up with the hope that my immune system would stop over-reacting to everything and I would no longer be allergic to the 40 foods I am currently.  I don't know if this will happen in one month.  I may have to eat clean for much longer to see that happen. As long as I can eat a real dinner I am fine with that, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment