Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Clean day 3

So I'm working Dr. Junger's 4 week Clean Program and have finished the first three days and thought I'd give an update. (see my first post for what the program entails)
Day 1 was awful!!! I was hungover and all I wanted was greasy salty food and instead all I could eat quinoa, steel cut oats, fruit and veggies.  That sounds like plenty right? Wrong. I was hungry all day. 
Day 2 we went to a friends house for the Patriot's Game, they had cheese, crackers ,and ordered a pizza, urrgh.  I brought a veggie tray and ate raw vegetables and drank green tea.  How hard is that?  Really hard, beer and pizza are food groups to me.
Day 3 went very well actually until I hit the grocery store for the family.  There are over 17,000 items at the store and most of them are processed so I just spent an hour walking around drooling, sniffing the cheese, and chips.
I see now how important this first week of preparation is for someone like me who is "in love" with food and wine.  By eating three meals, no snacking, all whole food, unprocessed, salt free, sugar free, I am learning to adjust my relationship with food.  No more more handful of crackers every time I pass the pantry, wine just because it's Tuesday, cheese on my cereal (just kidding but I could).  I am learning to look at food as a tool to fuel my body and to deal with being hungry.
After 3 days of no salt and sugar my intense cravings are gone and I feel like I might actually be able to do a 3 week juice fast at the end of the first 7 days.
PS-While I am getting clean I have already lost 5 pounds!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Keep it up, Kris, and maybe I'll give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete