Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Enrolled with the National Institute of Whole Health

Now that my 28 day cleanse is finished it's time I find ways to create internal peace, tranquility, health and happiness.  I do feel a little better having been "Cleaned" however, it did not lead to some enlightenment or feeling of tranquility.
So in an effort to make wellness changes to my life and explore a new career path I have enrolled in a Health and Wellness Coaching program at the National Institute of Whole Health. http://www.wholehealtheducation.com/about-niwh/ I will take the following 24 courses, listed below, and would like to share my learning with you.  Each course includes a lecture, assigned reading, study notes, and an assignment I must submit. The assignment is a description of what I learned and how I will apply that information as a health coach.  It must be between 1,000-2,500 words centered around the stated course objectives. So every week I will post my assignment so you can see what I am learning and maybe learn something you can use to make your life healthier. This weeks topic is Inflammation and Disease and I will post my assignment on the blog next Monday.


NIWH Study Guide

Inflammation and Disease
Mindful Listening – Part I
Physics and Philosophy – Part I
Physics and Philosophy – Part II
Brain Function & Nutrition
Digestive Function & Nutrition
Metabolic Syndrome
Adrenal Function and Stress
Psychology of Stress
Obesity: Hidden Factors
Immune Function
Nutrition: Food Bio-Chemistry
Cultural Diversity
Muscles and Bones
Exercise Physiology – Part I
Exercise Physiology – Part II
Exercise Physiology – Part III
Brain Function & Behavior
Nutrition Research at Harvard
Cardiac Whole Health
Living with Illness
Whole Person Nutrition – Part I
Whole Person Nutrition – Part II
Functional Medicine

No comments:

Post a Comment