Sunday, January 2, 2011

A little about me

I am a 41 year old wife and mother who has always been a high strung type-A personality. I often eat too much, drink too much and sleep too little. In the last 5 years I have become allergic to almost every food except meat and veggies and now I am taking a holistic look at my lifestyle to figure out what the problem is and how to heal it. I am allergic to wheat, corn, soy, citrus, all seeds, all legumes, and possibly dairy and onions.  When my allergist suggested I stay away from these foods for a year to see if my allergies improve I decided to see advice from a holistic doctor. You can NEVER eat out if you have to avoid all these foods or go to a back yard BBQ.  What I am allergic to is a big part of the American diet. Seed Oil and or Soybean Oil is used in everything from salad dressings, sauces, snack food items, even wheat free snacks used seed oils.
In the fall of 2009 I went to a nutritionist in a holistic wellness center trying to gain insight into why I have all theses food allergies. What I found is that my body is on toxic overload and my hormones are way out of whack.  So for the last 4 months I have been taking all natural whole food supplements, as directed by my nutritionist, with the goal of balancing my hormones and now will start detoxing and balancing vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Now that my hormones are in a more balanced state I feel less anxious all the time, more grounded, less like I'm holding onto my sanity by a thread.  With this new feeling of grounding I have a desire to create internal peace, tranquility, health and happiness.
 So yesterday January 1st I started a 28 day cleanse.   I am working the cleanse program by Dr. Alejandro Junger as written about in his book CLEAN.  Week 1 is limited whole foods, i.e. fruit, vegetables, fish, nuts, seed, Quinoa, Brown rice, water and green tea.  Weeks 2-4 are two liquid meals and one fish or chicken and salad meal.  Other than the fish and poultry all food should be raw for maximum nutrients.
 So I started yesterday, January 1st, and day one was tough because I was hungover from all the Champagne on Friday night and yes I have been binging for the last 3 weeks on food and wine knowing that this day was coming.  The power that sugar has over us is crazy strong.  One day of no salt and sugar and by last night I wanted to eat the giant bag of Tootsie rolls left over from Halloween. Luckily I did not eat the bag and so I successfully completed day 1.   Every day I will document my withdrawl struggles and share the feelings of elation I will supposedly experience as I am getting cleaner.  Here goes nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment